Previously known as The Street and Goldhanger Street

(select pictures to enlarge)

Goldhanger Rectory postcard 1

The Rectory

from 1851 to 1939

The Rectory was the home of...

Revd Leigh and Revd Gardner

now called Goldhanger House


Lavender Cottage

the home of author Maura Benham

with the classic red brick walls

Church street & Lavender Cottage


The Blacksmiths

and the...

Cricketers Inn


The Cricketers Inn

In the 1950s, from

the Rowley Collection

Church St and The Cricketers - Rowley collection

The Cricketers Inn

with thatched barn next door



in Church street

with shutters on the street

See... Cottages lost



Coastguard Cottages

See... Coastguards


Hall Farm in 1919

also know as The Hall

Goldhanger Hall, Joyces

and Street Farm


Church st Hall Farm cottages

Hall Farm Cottages

See... Cottages lost


The Old Rectory

in the early 1900s

home of...

Revd Edward Howes

and Charles Page

Old Rectory.JPG



The Chequers Inn

In 1905

See... The Chequers Inn


Post Office

in The Square

looking down Fish St.

There is a coastguard in the picture



The Square

from Head St.

in 1910

Manns Cycle Shop

In The Square

home of Charles Mann

Charles and family are

outside the shop

The Square

looking up Church St

at the filling station

in about 1930

Village Store

In The Square


home of clockmaker...

Jacob Micklefield

The Square & store with  Regie & Phyllis Johnsons

The Square & Head St

The Square

With a white phone box

in about 1950

The Chequers Inn

with a waiting carriage

The Square & The Chequers with carriage

The Square with Two Pumps

Two Pumps

after a new well was dug

See...Village Pump history


The Square

in 1907

The Square 1907b.JPG


previously know as Mill Lane, The Street and Goldhanger Street


Cottages at 2, 4 & 6 Fish St.

Looking towards The Square

in 1933

The Mill

Fish St, steam-based mill in the 1930s

Beehive Cottages

& No. 6 Fish St

Bird in Hand

a former alehouse


Fish St near Bird-in-Hand

No. 20, 22, 24 Fish St.

demolished in the 1950s


See... Cottages lost

See 1855 Property sale

Fish St - cottages in 1915

No. 17 & 21 Fish St.


Fish St.

looking north in 1912

the cottages on the right

were demolished in the 1950s

Fish St, 1930s.jpg


Lower end of Fish St.

in the 1930s

Crawshay Frost Lived in

the two houses on the left

Postcard with

Mill Lane

as the title

Fish St, then Mill Lane in 1909

Lower end of Fish St.

a stream/ford crossing

near the footpath

to the seawall

Lower end of Fish St.

showing Thatch End

on the left

demolished in the 1970s

Thatch End.JPG

Thatch End

in the 1950s

demolished in the 1970s


Bounds Gatehouse

in the 1930s

Fish St Bounds gate.jpg


Bounds Farmhouse

in the 1930s

home of Stanley Wilkin

See 1886 Property sale


view . . . Postcards of St Peters Church . . . more recent memorable street scenes